Do you wish to have a real impact on your environment? Are you creative and bored by routine? Would you like to put your interests in helping others to good use and contribute to the well-being of young people? If you answer “yes” to these questions, we want to meet you!
- Types of jobs available: full-time summer, seasonal
- Salary : $18.00/hour
- Available shifts: day: 7:15 am to 3:30 pm and/or evening: 3:15 pm to 11:30 pm
Description of the organization
Centre Philou is a non-profit organization that offers specialized services to polyimpaired children and their families: Respite care, a School for young adults, a Daycare and family support.
Reporting directly to the Respite Coordinator, the jobholder will be responsible for caring for polyimpaired young people aged 0 to 29 who stay at Centre Philou, while promoting their personal development and providing stimulation adapted to their needs.
- Follow the children’s schedule, taking into account their particularities;
- Accompany the children in their daily routines and provide specific care according to their level of autonomy (taking meals, hygiene care, transfers, etc.);
- Provide basic care to the children (hygiene, nutrition);
- Plan, organize and lead activities adapted children;
- Look after the children’s well-being and assist them during activities;
- Participate in outdoor activities;
- Work in collaboration with colleagues;
- Collaborate with all members of the Centre Philou team, attend Respite meetings and ongoing training programs;
- Respect and follow all protocols and regulations established by the administration;
- Actively participate in maintaining a clean and safe work environment;
- Contribute to Centre Philou’s reputation.
A team of 4 aide–educators for 6 children
- High-school diploma or PAB training or any other discipline or experience deemed relevant;
- Previous experience working with children and/or clients with intellectual and/or physical disabilities (an asset);
- Fluency in spoken and written French;
- Spoken and written English (an asset);
- Having completed the PDSB course and/or the first-aid course (an asset).
- Beautiful building
- Dynamic and supportive team managers
- Stimulating and constantly evolving social environment.
- Access to a range of benefits for full-time employees (life and group insurance, 3 weeks of annual vacation, 5 sick and family days, Employee Assistance Program and others);
- Possibility of advancement or career development from within;
- Specialized training and coaching for a better integration;
- Access to paid training and/or training offered by the Centre Philou;
- Human resources programs in constant progress for employees (Recognition, support, training and career development, mobilization, diversity and inclusion, recruitment bonus, skills development, etc.)
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter by e-mail [email protected]. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.