──── Summer Day Camp
Summer Day Camp
The summer camp allows children to enjoy unique and tailored experiences, while receiving special care.
This year, Centre Philou and Camp Massawippi are joining forces to offer you an adapted Day Camp – summer 2021 edition. Based on our experience acquired over the past year, we have worked very hard to be able to offer you an interesting option, despite the continuing pandemic.
Both camps will be held at the same location, but our two organizations will continue to operate independently for this year.
Children take part in numerous outdoor activities in addition to daily activities such as crafting, music, and sensorial stimulation. Each child is taken care by an educator (1:1 ratio) trained for their specific care and stimulation needs.
The camp operates for 8 weeks, from the end of June to the end of August, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. A daycare service is available upon request from 7:30 a.m. in the morning and until 6:00 p.m. in the evening. You can register your child for a maximum of 3 weeks, consecutive or not.
Children from 5 to 25 years-old, Quebec residents, with multiple disabilities, and whose care can be delegated. Philou Center accepts children with gastrostomy, and tracheotomy; who are epileptic or having trouble to sleep; as well as those who require special care.
Specialized Summer Camp is :
- Personalized stimulation activities for communication, sensory and motor development, arts, and music.
- Necessary health care provided according the child’s condition and their life habits (feeding, medication, dressing, hygiene).
- At least one outdoor activity per day according to the weather and one special outing per week.
- Weekly report of the child’s accomplishments.
- Individual and group activities tailored for their abilities and needs.
There is a $50 registration fee and the fees are $275 per week.
The cost of the daycare service is $5 per period.