──── Educational Assistant
You wish to have a real impact on your environment? You’re pretty creative and routine bores you? Would you like to put forward your interests in a helping relationship to contribute to the well-being of children? If you answer “yes” to these questions, we want to meet you!
for a polyimpaired student.
Brief description of the position
Since September 2018, Centre Philou has been offering a new academic program, École Philou, for young polyimpaired adults aged between 21 and 29, in partnership with Montreal’s School Board Centre de ressources éducatives et pédagogiques (CREP).
École Philou is an innovative program that offers a completely different living environment. The class concept is deconstructed in order to put the student in the foreground. Students at École Philou are evaluated at the beginning of the year by a team of professionals (physiotherapist, occupational therapist, psychoeducator) to develop an interdisciplinary intervention plan. Each student is accompanied at all times by the educational assistant. This is the one who puts the intervention plan into practice through various personalized activities (music, plastic arts, motor development, computer lab, cooking workshops, black/white room, outdoor outings, group activities, etc.).
The educational assistant is paid directly by the student, but Centre Philou is responsible for hiring and training the assistant.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Place of work: Centre Philou
- Employment status: Self-employed
- Salary: $24,84 / hour
- Type of employment: 3 or 4 days / week for the 2020-2021 school year
- Schedule: Monday to Thursday from 8:30am to 3:30pm
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Following a polyimpaired student in his school career
- Work with the student on his or her interdisciplinary intervention plan.
- Follow the recommendations of the various professionals
- Work as a team with the teacher, professionals and other coaches
- Take notes on the evolution of objectives. Attendance at newsletter meetings
- Accompany the student in activities of daily living (feeding, hygiene, etc.) *The majority of students in the program are completely dependent on the adult for all activities of daily living
- Give the student the necessary medication (if needed)
Requirements and qualities
- Great open-mindedness
- Desire to step outside the overall framework
- Gentleness and patience
- Sense of responsibility and rigor
How to apply
By email: [email protected]
Phone: (514) 739-4861 #231
CV and cover letter
* The masculine is used to lighten the text only