── Caregiver- Educator for the respite- NIGHT
You want to have a real impact on your environment? You are creative and routine bores you? You wish to put forward your interests in helping others to contribute to the well-being of children? If you answer “yes” to these questions, we want to meet you!
Caregiver- Educator for the respite- NIGHT
Types of jobs available: Full time, permanent OR part time but full time during the summer
Shift available: night: 11:15pm to 7:30am
Description of the organization
Reporting directly to the Manager – Employees, the jobholder will be responsible for taking care of young persons with multiple disabilities between the ages of 0 and 29 who are staying in respite at the Centre Philou, while promoting their development and providing stimulation adapted to their needs.
- Follow the youth’s schedule taking into account their particularities;
- Conduct rounds of surveillance at night and ensure the comfort of the youth;
- Accompany the youth in their daily routines and provide specific care according to their level of autonomy (taking meals, hygiene care, transfers, etc.);
- Prepare and administer medication;
- Ensure the maintenance of the youth’s binder and make daily reports;
- Plan quiet, tailored activities for each child if needed, according to their development and interests, and use the tools and stimulation rooms in place;
- Ensure the well-being, comfort and safety of the children during their stay;
- Provide a professional and courteous service to the parents;
- Collaborate with all members of the Centre Philou team, attend respite care meetings and ongoing training programs;
- Respect and follow all protocols and regulations established by the administration;
- Actively participate in maintaining a clean and safe work environment;
- Contribute to Centre Philou’s radiance.
Ratio at night
Team of 4 educators for 8 youth
- Possess a college diploma in the field of social or community intervention, health care attendant or any other discipline or experience judged relevant;
- Previous experience working with children and/or clients with intellectual and/or physical disabilities (an asset);
- Fluency in spoken and written French;
- Spoken and written English (an asset);
- Have completed the PDSB course and/or the first aid course (an asset).
Beautiful building; Dynamic and supportive team managers; Stimulating and constantly evolving social environment.
- Access to a range of benefits for full-time employees (life and group insurance, 3 weeks of annual vacation, 5 sick and family days, Employee
- Assistance Program and others);
- Possibility of advancement or career development from within;
- Specialized training and coaching for a better integration;
- Access to paid training and/or training offered by the Centre Philou;
- Human resources programs in constant progress for employees (Recognition, support, training and career development, mobilization, diversity and inclusion, recruitment bonus, skills development, etc.);
As soon as possible.
How to apply
By email: [email protected].