Make a difference in the lives of families of polyimpaired children!
Are you looking to put your professional development at the forefront while giving meaning to your job? Are you looking for a stimulating environment where every day is different? Would you like to be part of a dynamic team dedicated to the well-being of young people? Then we’d love to have you on our team!
Types of jobs available: Full-time, permanent OR Part-time during the school year and full-time in the summer
Salary : $22.00 per hour
Available shifts :11:15 pm to 7:30 am
Reporting directly to the Respite Manager, the jobholder will be responsible for taking care of polyimpaired children between the ages of 0 and 29 who are staying at Centre Philou, while promoting their development and providing stimulation adapted to their needs.
- Follow the children’s schedule, taking into account their particularities;
- Conduct rounds of surveillance at night and ensure the comfort of the children;
- Accompany the children in their daily routines and provide specific care according to their level of autonomy (taking meals, hygiene care, transfers, etc.);
- Ensure the maintenance of the children’s binder and make daily reports;
- Plan quiet, tailored activities for each child if needed, according to their development and interests, and use the tools and stimulation rooms in place;
- Ensure the well-being, comfort and safety of the children during their stay;
- Actively participate in maintaining a clean and safe work environment;.
- Thoroughness and professionalism
- Customer service skills
- Team spirit
- Good stress management
- High-school diploma or PAB training or any other discipline or experience deemed relevant;
- Previous experience working with children and/or clients with intellectual and/or physical disabilities (an asset);
- Fluency in spoken and written French;
- Spoken and written English (an asset);
- Having completed the PDSB course and/or the first-aid course (an asset).
Centre Philou is a charitable organization offering specialized services to families of polyimpaired children and young adults. To enhance families’ quality of life, the Centre offers overnight Respite stays, a specialized School for young adults, a Daycare center for children with developmental delays, and ongoing family support. Our team is made up of committed individuals who push the boundaries of inclusion and social participation.
By working at Centre Philou, you’ll discover a unique clientele that will change the way you see things!
Plus, you’ll enjoy these little extras from Philou:
- Competitive salary
- Fast advancement possible
- Benefits for full-time employees
- Recognition program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Low-cost meals cooked on the premises
- Easy access by public transport
- Not to mention the best coffee machine!